Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Did My Kids Inherit MSK?

Today I took my two girls for ultrasounds of their kidneys to see if they inherited Medullary Sponge Kidney disease. Hopefully the ultrasounds will be normal, if not at least we have the knowledge to prevent them from forming the stones in the first place. We are pretty nervous about the outcome of the tests. My 10 year old son also wants to be tested, once he heard there is a test. I will ask the doctor when she calls with the girls' results. I got to sit in and watch the ultrasounds, but do not know how to interpret them. It was frustrating not to know right away. At least their kidneys do not look like mine do on ultrasound.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that we don't! Thank you for taking us to the tests it is nice to have the peace of mind that we don't

    ReplyDelete