Thursday, January 13, 2011

Surgery day

Yesterday was surgery day.I got to the hospital at 9:30am for prep work, paperwork and IV. My mother and Daughter, Elizabeth stayed with me until 11am, when I was transported to Pre-op where I got my pulse oxygen and blood pressure monitored and Vancomycin antibiotic. Anesthesiologist came in and gave me a 3 day anti-nausea patch for behind my ear. After an hour or so (no clock) I was moved into the OR. They put some EKG strips on me and had me breath deeply some oxygen. That is all I remember until waking up in recovery and wheezing. My throat was so dry and I kept coughing. They gave me ice chips and took out the catheter. I stayed in recovery for about an hour. My mother and Elizabeth stayed in the waiting room while I was in Pre-op, OR and Recovery. Then we all got moved back to the room I started at. There we waited while I had my vital signs monitored and they had to measure how much urine I was outputting.They gave me another IV and I stayed for a couple more hours. I was ready to go home when they discharged me at around 5:30pm. I was a little anxious when I got home. I did not settle down until around 7:30 when I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment